The Columbia-Pacific Economic Development District (Col-Pac) is a private non-profit organization established to assist in diversifying and strengthening the economy and livability of Northwest Oregon. The District covers all of Clatsop, Columbia, and Tillamook counties and the western part of Washington County.
Governed by a 17-member volunteer Board of Directors, Col-Pac consists of local public and private leaders including representatives from county commissions, cities, ports, the private sector, workforce, and the minority community. Col-Pac also has a seven member Loan Administration Board that oversees the District's Revolving Loan Fund.
Certified by the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) as a recognized Economic Development District, Col-Pac offers a range of economic and community development services, technical assistance, and referrals in carrying out its mission.
The Col-Pac Mission
Promote and sustain healthy communities in the district through retention, diversification and expansion of the economic base.
The goal is healthy and thriving communities. A strong and diversified economic base that provides family-wage jobs is a significant component and contributor to healthy communities. Col-Pac's economic development activities focus on blending the natural resource-based industries in the region with new economic development opportunities that historically have not been part of the area's economy.
As an economic development district, Col-Pac provides capacity building, coordination and establishment of basic economic development foundation building tools for NW Oregon.
- Regional Planning: Col-Pac prepares a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) and updates it annually for EDA. Col-Pac also supports the region's Needs and Issues inventories for the Oregon Economic and Community Development Department, transportation planning through the NW Oregon Area Commission on Transportation, collaboration on Regional and Rural Investment projects through the NW Oregon Economic Alliance, and coordination of regional priorities through the NW Oregon Regional Partnership.
- Building Capacity: Col-Pac provides technical assistance to new and existing local economic development committees/councils on regional and other related economic development issues, assists with the development of leadership skills within the region, and provides a limited amount of financial support for project development and management to local entities.
- Infrastructure Assistance: Col-Pac assists communities in developing financial packages and project management for infrastructure improvements that are a high priority on the local Needs and Issues inventories.
- Capital Access: Col-Pac's $2 million Intermediary Re-Lending Program revolving loan fund and other potential loan funds are available to businesses within the District.
- Industrial and Commercial Site Development: Col-Pac assists public and private property owners in identifying sites and needs, profiling attributes, and more effectively marketing sites to a larger market through a one-stop central database and targeted communications.
- Intergovernmental Coordination: Col-Pac supports economic development interests and entities in the District address timber, agriculture, infrastructure, and other issues with federal and state agencies.
- Economic Development Advocacy: Col-Pac works with all the regional economic development partners to advocate the NW Oregon interests.
- Regional Economic Development Communication and Cooperation: Col-Pac supports and encourages regional economic development through participation in the NW Oregon Regional Partnership.
Executive Director: Mary McArthur 503/397-3099 or email@example.com
Business Oregon Department www.econ.state.or.us
NW Oregon Regional Development Officer, Dennie Houle firstname.lastname@example.org 503/791-2732
NW Oregon Community Development Coordinator, Melanie Olson email@example.com 503/842-4045
Columbia-Pacific Economic Development District: 503/397-3099
Clatsop Economic Development Resources (CEDR): 503/738-3346
Columbia County Economic Team: 503/410-1061 www.columbiacountyoregon.com/
Tillamook County Economic Development: 503/842-2236